Wednesday, October 13, 2010

the cinema



If for no other reason, I love having an English friend because she says things like "cinema" as opposed to "the movies". Everything sounds better in English english.

Anyway, I really love the cinema!! I probably see at least one movie a week. I've been going to the drive-in almost exclusively(it's really glamorous) since Tyler bought a truck. It is so much better than the regular theatre, because #1: you get to bring in copius amounts of your own food(pizza! hamburgers! nachos!) & #2: you get to lay on a mattress with 18 pillows and loads of blankets while enjoying your cinematic treat.




Favorite movie of the summer goes to: Inception. It's one of those movies where you don't blink or move for the whole two hours because it is so captivating! I loved it.


I also enjoyed: Eat, Pray, Love, The Other Guys, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, (cough)Eclipse(cough),Wall Street, Robin Hood, the A-Team, Grown Ups ... as you can tell, I'm very selective!


The only movie I really haven't liked lately is When In Rome. It was redonkulous(you can use that word if something is outrageously ridiculous). I mean one date, one kiss and she loves him more than her job? "which is saying a lot" she says... blerg!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I totally agree with you on all the movies. Inception - definitely best movie of the summer, absolutely amazing movie. Didn't like When In Rome either. English english is the bessttt!! Great blgo, keep up the good work. :))

    Shelly,

    www.eccentric-behavior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, take advantage while you don't have kids. The only one of those movies I've seen is Inception, which I also really loved. I have seen, however, Toy Story 3, Shrek 4 (or whatever number came out this year), Despicable Me...you get the idea. Maybe one day Brock and I will be able to see all the movies WE want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is your English friend? Tyler's not English, is he? Before my mission I dated a guy from England and my family LOVED hearing him talk! It was pretty funny. He would call me and say "Hello Lauren, dawling, how awe you?" and it made me feel all giddy inside. :) PS, have you seen Secretariat? BEST. MOVIE. EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no tyler's not english, but one of his friend's wife is!! I haven't seen the Secretariat but it is ON THE LIST!!

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to leave me a li'l message.