Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013


(Image via Michelle Armas ... I love her work!)

I've got a minute to kill so might as well update this DARLING blog. (that's a jk)

We should talk about 2012...

But first (being logical):
2013 resolutions

Fearless: I feel like I didn't really push myself out of any comfort zones in 2012, a big reason for that was fear. Fear of failure, rejection... those are the two factors I guess for me. Well this year when I want to do something or I get an idea, when the thought comes "you can't do that, what if you fail?! You might really suck at that." I will do that thing. Improvement and progression is based on being able to move outside your comfort zone, even a little bit at a time.

Volunteer: I'm thinking of becoming a Big Sister... it'll be fun to hang out with a little kid & get out of my self-centered lifestyle once in a while

Get fit: I've worked out inconsistently for years... and shocker! I never see a huge change in my body. I don't gain weight, I don't lose weight (not that I need to) I'm just the same no matter what I do... This year I am stepping up my game. I want to be toned and have amazing arms. Please gym gods give me amazing arms!

My roommate & I have been getting up at 5 am for the past two weeks to work out & honestly, AM workouts are where it's at.

CONS: 
You have to wake up at 5 am
You will hate yourself when you are getting out of bed at 5 am
It's freezing outside

PROS: 
You are DONE working out by 6:30. In the morning!
You have time to eat breakfast
You have time to shower
You have time to watch an episode of Modern Family
You feel like a rock star for the rest of the day
You can brag to everyone

Really, the pros outweigh the cons in a big way. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! (That's a chant. I'm big into chanting these days.)



... It's pretty cool actually... (name that movie, & we are soul mates)





2 comments:

  1. Nice resolutions! I haven't made any yet..and January is halfway over. But I think I'm going to get in the habit of working out early as well. I used to get up at 4:30 and I would feel so good ALL DAY LONG. I hate working out so its nice to get it over with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to the gym as well that early. So much better than dreading it all day long!

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to leave me a li'l message.