Tuesday, April 3, 2012

EXPERIMENTS WITH BLEACH

I was reading this post on Cotton & Curls about bleaching pants (by the way I LOVE her blog. So much talent!), and thought I'd do the same to some brown skinnies I hardly ever wore. I forgot to take a before picture, but here they are being showcased at a family BBQ. The fit was fine, but they were kind of a weird brown and hard to match.

 I could use a pair of white skinnies!

As SOON as I put these dropped these puppies they turned tomato red. Not what I was expecting, but okay!
I could use a pair of red skinnies.
I left them in for about 7 minutes (per the instructions) and then threw them in the wash.


And they came out coral! Not what I was expecting...
but I could use a pair of coral skinnies. 

And here they are on the flesh. I'm just going to come right out and tell you that I love how they turned out.
 I have a feeling these pants are going to get a lot of air time this spring. 


Just as Bob Ross would say, "No mistakes, just happy accidents." Well played, Mr. Ross.

4 comments:

  1. Andrea, all day today I tried to find some colored jeans that I would like AND that would fit me. I love skinny jeans, but sometimes people make them too tight around my calves but just right on my hips. Why aren't they tailoring to my body? Anyway, your picture/blog reminded me about that. Can you please find an happy accident to turn my unwanted jeans into cute colored jeans? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color! so cute! i've been looking for some coral jeans..maybe i'll just have to bleach some brown ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. this is the best idea. I LOVE IT! and you. next project added to the list.

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to leave me a li'l message.